A lot of us in sales we like to defer to marketing. We go “If only marketing did a better job with the website and if only they did this and did that.” And it’s like you know, “That’s why I can’t sign up members. That’s why.” Really? I’ve seen it all.
You could have the best website, the best marketing collaterals in the world and it still is going to come down to you guys. I could have the crappiest collaterals and still close deals. It all works together.
I’ve even seen sales reps that said “Hey boss, we got to lower our price, man. Why? Because we’re getting killed out there. The competitors are so low, they’re low balling us. We’re losing, if you just had a bit of wiggle room and if I could just get this discount. I can close this.”
Really? And I’ve seen sales leaders they’re like, “Fine, give them a 20% discount.” And they still can’t close. Because they’re playing the wrong game. It’s not that, “Oh, if only we had a better product, we need to develop something better more innovative.” And the product team goes away tries to make something. “Okay here. Go sell this.” And they still can’t sell.
It’s just deflecting.
Get the Skills You Need to Close More Deals
The Sales Accelerator programme covers the essential skills needed to master the sales process, starting with getting the right mindset, building strong relationships and delivering effective sales presentations.
All complete with over 30 checklists, cheat sheets & templates to help you implement your new skills as quickly as possible.
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Force Management2020.09.18How To Build A High-Performing Sales Team
- Sales Skills2020.09.15Glossary of Sales Terms – The Ultimate Sales Encyclopedia
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.09.15Marshall Goldsmith’s 6 Question Coaching Process
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.09.01Delivering Highly Engaging Virtual Sales Presentations with Spencer Waldron From Prezi