The Qualities of the Great Sales Professional
Do you have the qualities of a great sales professional? What other qualities make a great sales professional? These are the qualities that would make a great sales professional:
Can take rejection after rejection and instead of getting discouraged, focuses on how to get the next one to say yes.
2. Good Listener
Listens to the customers' needs and uses it to propose a solution that works the best for them.
Comes to meetings prepared with sales materials, answers to anticipated objections and background information on the client.
A level of arrogance allows a salesperson to assume they’ll make a sale before ever meeting with a prospect.
Has their own goals in mind and does whatever it takes to meet or exceed them.
6. Product Knowledge
Knows everything about their product or service and how it compares to the competition.
Can easily build rapport with all types of people whether it’s on the phone or in-person.
8. Follows Up
Doesn’t wait for a prospect to get back to them, instead of checks in to see what else they can do to help the customer move forward.
Keeps track of all working opportunities, past clients and lost sales in a CRM so they know when to follow up.
10. Quick On Feet
Can adjust their pitch based on the current situation and doesn’t get caught off guard by questions.
- Sales Infographics - From Motivation to Strategy
- Motivational Sales Quote Images for Sales Professionals
- Sales Training Slide Decks
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Methodology2020.11.16Decoding The Challenger Sale – Effective or Hype?
- Negotiation skills2020.11.12Effective Body Language In Negotiations
- Sales Skills2020.11.12The Ultimate Guide To Different Sales Roles
- Negotiation skills2020.11.1210 Essential Negotiation Skills Every Salesperson Needs to Master