Too many sales professionals think they need to do all of the talking when meeting with prospects. They tell them everything about their product or service. They dominate the conversation, leaving little time for the prospect to share anything about themselves or what they’re looking for.
The end result is usually the sales person talking themselves out of the sale.
Instead, sale professionals need to ask more questions. Ask the prospect what they’re looking for, what they’ve tried before? What worked, what didn’t work? What is the outcome you’re trying to achieve?
Ask probing questions. Then listen. Listen intently. Active listening, not just waiting for your chance to jump in and sell.
Once you have all of the information, you can then make an informed recommendation on what product or service is the best for them.
Listen more, talk less. One of the golden rules to consultative selling.Get Quote for Consultative Selling Training Attend Public Consultative Selling Workshop
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.07.16LinkedIn For Lead Generation with Natalia Wiechowski
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.07.09Out Of The Box Networking with Kerrie Phipps
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.07.02Essential Memory Skills for Sales Professionals with Nishant Kasibhatla
- Motivational Speaker2019.07.02The Best Motivational Speaker in Singapore