Prospecting has evolved over the years, yet many people are still suck in the past. It’s not to say that traditional prospecting strategies aren’t effective anymore, it’s that things have evolved and there are now more effective ways to prospect that either replace or complement old prospecting methods.
In this infographic we highlight traditional prospecting and the modern alternatives to consider. Here’s the difference between traditional and modern prospecting strategies.
Traditional Prospecting Strategies
- Networking events
- Referrals from past customers
- Cold callings
- Articles in publications
- Advertising in print media
- Sales letters
- Door-to-door sales
Modern Prospecting Strategies
- Social media groups
- LinkedIn introductions
- Warm calling
- Share worth content
- Social and search advertising
- Email marketing
- LinkedIn sales navigator
How has your prospecting evolved over the years?
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Training Videos2019.11.14Qualify Your Leads Using BANT
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.11.12How to Build an Outbound Sales Team with Collin Stewart from Predictable Revenue
- Sales Training Videos2019.11.08Don’t Use Price To Differentiate
- Sales Force Management2019.11.07How To Help Your Team Reach Targets