I work with organisations all the time with decent size sales teams that don’t use a sales playbook. They have superstar sales reps who out perform the others, while some continue to struggle and no one really knows why some perform better than others. The new hires they add to the team are left to figure things out on their own instead of having a good head start with the proper training they need. This is where I see the importance of a sales playbook. A guide for the team to follow that is created with the company’s best practices, so the underperforming sales reps have a better chance of joining their peers at the top.
In today’s episode, I share how to get started on creating a sales playbook for your team.
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Infographics and Quote Images2020.06.038 Ways To Build A High Performance Team
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.06.02Adapting To The New Normal In Sales with Steve Benson
- Sales Skills2020.05.01Solution Selling – Essential Steps of the Solution Selling Process
- Sales Skills2020.04.30How To Sell During a Recession