I recently had a chance to chat with the guys from the small business podcast Square Peg Round Hole and share my story of how I moved from Vancouver, B.C. to Singapore and started a business from scratch. I share with them how I created my own opportunities by cold calling organizations offering my services in a country where I knew no one. I also share why it’s important to do work in an area you are passionate about and how I used my passion to grow the number of attendees at my keynotes from a small room of 10 people to arenas filled with thousands of people. I hope my philosophies and approach to business are a valuable lesson for any small business especially, those starting from scratch in new surroundings.
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Training Videos2019.11.14Qualify Your Leads Using BANT
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.11.12How to Build an Outbound Sales Team with Collin Stewart from Predictable Revenue
- Sales Training Videos2019.11.08Don’t Use Price To Differentiate
- Sales Force Management2019.11.07How To Help Your Team Reach Targets