Now is not the time to wait for things to get better, now is the time to double your efforts.
Things are changing fast around the world and we frankly don’t know how long all of this is going to last. But there’s something that we do know for sure, it’s that in times like this there are some companies that will fail and some companies that will thrive.
And yes, there are some industries that are naturally doing well right now like delivery businesses and video conferencing software companies but after all of this crap is over, you’ll see that some businesses in your industry will come out of this victorious and dominating the industry. While others have simply faded away. I want you to be part of the businesses that thrive in today’s environment.
With things slowing down, now is not the time to freeze or hibernate and wait until things get better. Now is the time to adapt and double your efforts because if you wait, you’re going to wake up one day, you’re going to come out of hibernation and see your competition light years ahead of you.
But if you fight, you’ll be the one ahead.
Look, there’s still business going on today, just the things have changed and now it’s all happening online. And it’s likely that people still need what you offer but there might be less of them, possibly with lower budgets and possibly needing it delivered differently, but they’re still out there. So, it’s your job to double your efforts, work extra hard and find these people because if you work at it hard enough, you’re going to find them and find them before your competitors do. So, don’t give up now. Double down, just go at it with a different message.
Be aware of the situation and address it. Check in with people to find out how they’re doing and how you can help. Then do whatever you can to help them even if you don’t make money right now.
This isn’t the time to Netflix and chill. It’s the time to rise up and fight, fight for your job, fight for your survival, fight to be the best your industry and fight to come out of this better than everyone else and better than you were before we got into this mess.
I know that you can do this everyone and if you double down on your efforts, it’s going to happen.
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Sales Training Videos2020.10.19Making Your Virtual Presentations Memorable
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.09.29Leading and Managing in 2020 and Beyond with Andrew Bryant
- Sales Force Management2020.09.18How To Build A High-Performing Sales Team
- Sales Skills2020.09.15Glossary of Sales Terms – The Ultimate Sales Encyclopedia