Attending networking events is one of my favourite ways to get a pulse on what’s happening in the world. It’s amazing the things you can learn about changes in the market and new trends just from meeting new people and listening. Sure it’s great to meet someone who might be interested in your product or service, but going in only with the mindset to sell something will lead you nowhere except for a room full of people that now don’t like you.
In today’s quick tip I share which guy you don’t want to be at networking events and what to do instead.
If you want to go in-depth into the skills you need to succeed in sales and get certified in SOCO Selling, sign up for a 30-day trial of SOCO Academy for only $7 at socoacademy.com/join-now
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.01.21How To Prospect Like An MDRT Achiever
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.01.14It’s Not A Marketing Issue, It’s A Sales Issue
- Selling in Asia Podcast2020.01.07What It Takes To Succeed In Sales with Jim Cathcart
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.12.31Quick Tip: Why it’s Easier To Sell Something That’s Expensive