Hang Out with Superstars!
Who do you align yourself with? People who complain about everything (because nothing is their fault), or people determined to make a difference in the world? Winners or whiners? Whiners always look for external blame while winners look after internal responsibility. So it’s better to hang out with winners! The superstars!
Hang out with superstars! Hang out with superstars. Surround yourself with positive people that will bring you up, not pull you down.
There’s two kinds of people in the world. The first type of person, well okay, let me tell you and I think you already know the answer. There are winners and.. Oh. Well, if you said losers that’s a bit harsh but you know what I’m talking about. I was just teasing you. There’s two kinds of people; winners and whiners. Whiners complain about everything. Oh my sales targets too high, our prices aren’t competitive. The markets are slowing down. The competition’s too good. Boo-hoo-hoo. Whiners. They complain about everything. I’ll tell you something. Whiners could even win the lottery and complain about having to pay higher taxes, that’s how much they whine. Now. Please, I know you’re not a whiner but don’t hang out with whiners. Hang out with winners. Because those whiners are only looking to justify their failure. They’re looking to you to support them, right? To basically say yes, you’re doing as good a job as you can, it’s not your fault. No, it is your fault. Whiners always look at external blame rather than internal responsibilities.
Here’s the thing, have you ever gotten advice from someone who really wasn’t in a position to give advice? Why is it that people with no money, who are broke with no investments are the first people to tell you what stocks you should be buying. That’s like getting marriage advice from someone who’s been divorced five times. It doesn’t make any sense. Hang out with winners. Hang out with superstars. Learn from the best.
More motivational tips: https://www.socoselling.com/2018/10/25/7-ways-stay-motivated/
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.
- Selling in Asia Podcast2019.09.10How to Create An Effective Sales Playbook
- Sales Infographics and Quote Images2019.09.09Tom Abbott Quotes
- Sales Training Videos2019.09.04Using AI to Qualify and Engage Sales Leads with Saleswhale
- Sales Training Videos2019.09.04How To Get A Lamborghini – Message To My Son On His Birthday