Congrats! Congratulations! Congratulations Tom! That notification kept coming from my LinkedIn iPhone app last week and I didn’t know why. After logging in, I realised that it was my work anniversary. 20 years this September with Soco Sales Training. To celebrate this milestone, here are 20 lessons I’ve learned from 20 years in business.
1. You don’t need to be perfect to get started. You just need to get started.
2. Be in the right place, at the right time, with the right attitude.
3. Deliver on your promises. Most people deliver excuses.
4. Focus on long-term dreams (especially) during short-term nightmares.
5. Always change what isn’t working.
6. Never change what is working.
7. You’re not as great as you think you are. Be humble.
8. You’re not as bad as you think you are. Be proud.
9. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
10. There’s no such thing as a self-made person.
11. Your customers put food on your table.
12. Do what you do best and delegate the rest.
13. Take big risks if you want big rewards.
14. Be a big fish in a small pond.
15. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others. – African proverb.
16. Hire for attitude, train for aptitude.
17. Hire slow, fire fast.
18. Output over outcomes.
19. Persistence overcomes resistance.
20. It takes 20 years to be an overnight success.
- Sales Infographics – From Motivation to Strategy
- Motivational Sales Quote Images for Sales Professionals
- Sales Training Slide Decks
Which are your favorite lessons? Do you agree or disagree? What lessons have you learned in business? Please share your comments or questions and I’ll respond personally!
- Tom Abbott is the author of 'The SOHO Solution' and 'Social Selling' and the creator of the online sales training platform SOCO Academy. Sales leaders engage Tom for his proven solutions to building high performance sales teams that exceed targets and for motivational keynotes that energise their audiences.